Monday, 2 July 2012
All Aboard for the Creighton Aloe Festival!
Enjoy an amazing return steam train ride from Creighton, alongside the Ngogwaan river, through thousands of beautiful & colourful Aloes where you will be able to take a spectacular photo.
On Sat 21st & Sun 22nd July enjoy an eventful weekend with birding tours, mission tours, and dairy farm tours, plus a scenic Cycle ride including local choirs & Artist. Delicious meals & a country market.
Bookings essential before payment.
(Please be there at least 30-45 min before departure time)
1. Festival Weekend – Date & departure times: Sat 21 July @ 10.30am & Sat @ 2pm & Sun 22 July @11 am
Cost: Adults : Sitter Coaches R180.00 pp or Lounge coach R210.00 pp
Children : Sitter coaches R120.00 pp (between 2 - 12 ) or Lounge coach R210.00 pp
Duration: Approx 2 hrs
2. Special Sunday sunrise bike train trip to Donnybrook & an approx 40km MTB ride back through the beautiful Xumeni Forest (Part of the Freedom Challenge route) & back to Creighton. Sun 22 July departs 7.00am
Cost : R300.00 pp includes train trip & guided bike ride back.
Duration :1 hr to Donnybrook then Approx 4 hrs return trip on your Bikes! .
Lunch : Delicious country lunch on request.
3. Aloe Steam train trips & lunch – Departure time 10 am on all the following days Sun 8th, Sat 14th & Sun 15th July
Cost: Adults : Sitter Coaches R180.00pp or Lounge coach tickets R210.00 pp
Children : Sitter Coaches R120.00pp or Lounge coach tickets R210.00pp (Age for Children is between 2- 12)
Duration: Approx 2 hrs then lunch at the Country Club (opposite the station)
(Bookings essential for delicious country lunch )
The Aloe festival is on the Sat 21st & Sun 22nd July (With the Country club opposite the Station having flee market; Art exhibition; Mission & birding tours country lunches & Sunday Cycle ride etc.)
1. For passengers to walk amongst the Aloes & for a photo shots
2. At Riverside station Entertained by local singing groups & explore whilst engine moves position for the return trip.
There will be egg & bacon rolls, teas & coffees on sale at the Creighton Station before the train leaves & refreshments & snacks sold on the train.
The difference in the seating, the lounge coach has very comfortable couches @ R210 pp. The other coaches are comfortable row seating (plastic seating some have cushions) for R180 pp.
Parking is safe.
The B & B’s are also providing a wonderful 2 day weekend package (includes 2 nights B &, B all meals; your ticket for train trip, & tea/ coffee before train trip.)
As you will not be able to take cooler boxes or picnic baskets on board (due to lack of space), There will be snacks (rolls; muffins; crisps etc) & refreshments or drinks before & on board ON SALE or Lunch at the country club can be booked.
****Please All bookings essential before payment to prevent disappointment****
For more information or to book, contact Glynnis on 083 273 8037 / firstname.lastname@example.org